Mr. Jarman was Director General of Electricity at the Ministry of Energy & Mineral Resources, since 2011 to 2017 and served as an Assistant Deputy for Energy Affairs at The Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises from 2006 to 2010.
He has been served as Commissioner of PT Bukit Asam (Persero) Tbk (2003- 2004), President commissioner of PT. Bukit Asam (Persero) Tbk (2004 -2008) and Commissioner of PT Indosat Tbk (2008-2011), . In addition, he served as an Assistant Deputy for Strategic Industries & Telecommunication Affairs at the Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises (2002-2006). He also served as a Commissioner PT. PLN (Persero) since Nov. 2012 until Dec. 2014 and since Nov. 2015 until Jul. 2017. He graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Electric Engineering from University of Indonesia (1981) and then Master’s degree in Electrical Power Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA (1991).
- Insinyur Profesional Utama (IPU) from PII (Persatuan Insinyur Indonesia) no. 1025.02.027096
- Asean Engineering Register (Asean Eng.) from Asean Federation of Engineer Organization (AFEO).
- Assessor for The Main Competencies of Electric Power (Assesor Kompetensi Utama Tenaga Listrik) from Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources Association
- Certificate of Honorary Member of The Asean Federation of Engineering Organization (AFEO) as Honorary Fellow.
- In 2012 – 2015 : Chairman of Steering committee for The Indonesian Electricity Society (MKI)
- Since 2015 – Current : Vice Chairman of Steering committee for The Indonesian Electricity Society (MKI)
- In 2011 – 2015 : Member of Advisory Board for Electrical Vocational Agency of The Institution of Engineer Indonesia (BKE PII)
- Since 2015 – Current : Chairman of Honorary Assembly for Electrical Vocational Agency of The Institution of Engineers Indonesia (BKE PII)
- Since 2019 : Head of Energy & Electricity Sector of the Institution of Engineer Indonesia (PII)